The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers that you pass on. It helps for discovering new blogs and celebrating our awesome blogging community.
Thanks a million to Book Wish Blog for nominating me! ❤
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
1. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
- I love book blogging because of all the people I meet who share the love for the same books I do, and when they write about their favorites, it broadens my horizons that much more. I’m constantly discovering something new every day. There is never a dull moment surrounded by so many books!
2. What’s your favorite book?
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is pretty solidly in my top spot. It takes my breath away every time I read it. My YA Top 5 (including the Night Circus) is Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead, The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare, and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas. I have SO MANY favorites and my top 5 is constantly changing, so for my full list, check out my Favorites shelf on Goodreads!
Top spot right here. I own both cover editions.
3. What’s your 2016 reading goal?
- It’s pretty ambitious of me, but I want to read 150 new book this year. I managed to read over 100 new books last year, and I’m pretty sure I read 150 overall (though many of them were rereads), so I’m pushing myself this time around. I’ll also be reviewing most of the new books I read, which is an added challenge – wish me luck!
4. What books are you excited for in 2016?
- I am MAJORLY PUMPED for quite a few new books this year: Stars Above (out February 2nd), Lady Midnight (out March 8th), A Court of Mist and Fury (out May 3rd), and Strange the Dreamer (out September 27th) are at the top of my list with finalized release dates. The untitled sequels to Throne of Glass and Kate Daniels are also coming out this year, but no release dates yet. /sighs
It’s so pretty I could cry.
5. Favorite place to buy books?
- I’m forever indebted to Barnes and Noble for always having the book I’m looking for the minute I walk in. There have been very few times I walked in and didn’t find something I needed immediately. However, my favorite used bookstore is The Book Barn in my home state of Connecticut, which is a great big maze of books in any genre you could think of, plus cats to pet and goats to feed. If you ever wanted to visit a farmhouse filled to bursting with books, you’ve come to the right place. (Shoutout to my momma for the awesome nighttime photo from last week!)
6. Ebook, audiobook, hardcover, or paperback?
- Paperback. I’m not really a fan of ebooks in general, I’ve never bought an audiobook so I have no opinion on that, I like hardcover but they are not always great for travel, so paperback is really the book for me.
7. What’s your favorite TV show?
- I’m honestly not sure! I really enjoyed Jessica Jones and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (me and my partner finished them both a few weeks ago), and I was really into Bones up until season 9. Maybe Sailor Moon is my fave. I’m such a sucker for Sailor Moon.
8. Who’s your favorite author?
- Husband & wife team Ilona Andrews. I’ve read every single one of their printed books so far. If I had the option of becoming Kid #3 in their family, I would take that chance in a heartbeat. Really excellent authors and fantastic people.
9. What’s your favorite place to read?
- My big book reading chair in my childhood bedroom. I can only sit in it when I visit my mom now, but it’s worth it every single time.
1o. Besides reading, what other hobbies do you have?
- I’m an LGBTQ activist, which is more of a job than a hobby at this point, but it’s a world of fun. I love baking, no matter how bad I am at it. Does singing loudly and terribly in my car count as a hobby? Really, I travel constantly, absolutely love it, but it’s mostly me driving long distances and listening to the same CDs over and over again. Here’s a pretty sweet picture of me in front of Buckingham Palace during a 2-week tour of the UK. As you can see, my main hobby is just pointing at things and making faces while people take pictures of me. It’s a life skill.
11. Have you met any authors? If so, who? If not, who would you want to meet?
- I’ve met a great deal of graphic novel authors, including the adorable Noelle Stevenson and my personal hero Danielle Corsetto. I met both of them in September and successfully refrained from bursting into tears out of excitement, but the pictures show I came very, very close. I would die happy if I could meet any of the authors of my favorite books (Ilona Andrews, Gail Carriger, Libba Bray, etc.) but they unfortunately all live much farther away from me than I can afford to travel.
Here are my nominations:
You’re all awesome and I love reading your reviews and other musings!
Questions for my Nominees:
- What’s your favorite book in your favorite genre?
- What’s the WORST trope, in your opinion?
- Do you have a guilty pleasure book?
- What’s the best book-to-movie adaptation you’ve seen?
- Do you remember the book that got you into reading?
- Besides WordPress, what are the top 5 websites you visit?
- What was the last book you purchased?
- How did you choose your blog name?
- Do you ever judge books by their cover?
- What books are you most looking forward to reading this year?