It’s definitely not a great feeling when I have to take a full week off of blogging to recover from getting sick twice in a row, but I can happily say I’m back now and ready to get into things. Top Ten Tuesdays are my favorite weekly memes hosted by the ever-awesome folks at The Broke and the Bookish. Check out their page for past and future Top 10s you can participate in.
Ten Facts About Me:
- I’m lactose intolerant. Remember how I said I got sick twice in a row? Well, you all already knew about me getting severely dehydrated, and my recovery time got interrupted when I started feeling super horrible again after celebrating not having to stay overnight at the hospital. Friends are great and make sick days much more enjoyable, but guys, “fat free” does not always mean “lactose free.” I had to find that out the hard way.
- I’m a Psychology major and LGBTQ Studies minor. University rocks, and I am forever grateful that I’m able to go to school full time and study things that I absolutely love. I’m also on the executive board for Psi Chi, a psychology honor society. On my way to becoming a high school guidance counselor with a focus in LGBT youth.
- I had braces for 5 years. It sucked, and honestly I still don’t wear my retainer. I’m happy with the way my teeth look even if they aren’t perfectly straight. They weren’t celebrity teeth when I got the braces off, and no one is complaining now. Luckily I managed to look cute even with braces at my high school graduation (with my dad.)
- I have generalized anxiety disorder. I received an official diagnoses at 17, and started taking medication for it a little over a year ago. There’s a lot of pushback against mental health awareness and treatment, but personally I’m very glad I started medication and therapy because I feel so much better overall than I have in years.
- I’m a Navy brat. My stepdad is a Chief of Communications, and his very large workplate had my family moving about once a year for a good portion of my preteen years, so I ended up switching schools every year from 4th to 9th grade. I spent 4 years at the same high school and moved 12 hours away one month after graduating. I love my family to pieces, and yet now I can’t imagine not exploring the world on my own!
- I collect drink minitatures. I actually only found out recently that liquor companies sell minitature bottles of their alcohol, because I’ve been picking up tiny bottles of various drinks in all kinds of places. The first one I got was a gift, and it’s a tiny bottle of Coca-Cola with actual coke inside that you can drink. It’s about the size of my pinkie finger.
- I have dermatillomania. I’ve compulsively picked at my skin (primarily my lips) as far back as I can remember, and I don’t know if there’s been a day in my life that I haven’t done it at least a little bit.
- I used to write poetry for my high school’s magazine. It’s been a really long time since I’ve written anything, but I had several poems featured in the yearly magazines. The best one was about my deaf cat who could break glass with her meow.
- My partner and I are named Charles and Diana. This makes a lot of people over 40 laugh. However, we look nothing like the Prince of Wales and the late Princess. Maybe it’ll come with age.
- There’s a drum kit in my living room. It belongs to Charles. 50 likes and he’ll move it to a less in-the-way place.
Feel free to comment your Top Ten’s here! Happy blogging!