So: I am addicted to Twitter. Currently. I’ve been on it tweeting for hours every day for the past week, and I forced myself to put it down so I could focus on writing and blogging…and then, after the literal gift to my WordPress feed Liam @ Hey Ashers! nominated me for this award, I had to go back on. 16 hours and several hundred scrolls through the #aesthetic tag later, I bring you my blogger aesthetic.
Seriously though, thanks so much Liam for nominating me for this! This award is awesome, creative, and totally original, and I’m grateful to be a part of it. I also genuinely had tons of fun spending 3 days and as many late nights looking for just the right photos to self-describe me as a blogger. I’m looking forward to seeing what the others you nominated chose.
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
- Share these rules (and maybe the below tips, if you’re feeling helpful).
- Find inspiration by spending (minimum) three hours scrolling through aesthetic Tumblr posts relevant to you. [Diana’s Note: if you spend only 3 hours finding your aesthetic, please, teach me your secrets. I spend 3 days.]
- Two great places to hunt for pictures are Pinterest and WeHeartIt. Pinterest requires an account; WeHeartIt does not.
- PicMonkey’s collage editor is free to use and doesn’t require an account, heck yes. YouTube has plenty of tutorials on how to use it; I watched this one (which begins with tips on how to find decent photos). [Diana’s Note: I personally used Pic Collage, which is a free app for Android. It’s up to you to use whatever service & format you prefer; after all, this is all about you.]
My personal aesthetic involves being cozy in any and every setting, organized clutter that looks disheveled to most people besides me, beige + blue as the only colors I own that aren’t black, and a lot of traveling with twice as much tea to top it off.
If you have time to do this, I nominate you. Sometimes awards like this can be overwhelming when you have a mountain of books to read and a pile of drafted, half-finished blog posts that are beginning to coalesce into an intelligent life form. Okay, but seriously – there are a few people that I would love to see take a shot at this, but there’s no pressure, I promise. Apologies if you’ve already been tagged; feel free to share a link to your aesthetic in the comments below!
Beth @ Reading Every Night (I know this is already on your list – I wanted to tag you formally because I totally thought of you when I was reading the original post, and I’m so glad you saw it. I really hope you can do this soon!)
Lashaan & Trang @ Bookidote
Morgan @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books
Megan @ Bookslayer Reads
Larkin @ Wonderfilled Reads
Izzi @ Ravenclaw Book Club
Anna @ My Bookish Dream
Cassie @ Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile
Danielle @ Books, Vertigo, and Tea
Aaaand, here is a widget to add to your blog! Thanks again, Liam!